VP of Finance
At Genesis, we believe in working hard and enjoying ourselves while doing so. We value relationships – with our clients and our internal team. We are passionate about the work we do, and are excited to be at the forefront of a fast-paced, constantly changing landscape.
Genesis Global Trading, Inc. is seeking a professional for our VP of Finance/Controller role. This position oversees the financial operations for Genesis and its business lines by being responsible for production of financial information used for internal and external purposes, regulatory and tax reporting for U.S. and non-U.S. entities. The VP of Finance / Controller will lead the finance team and be responsible for the accounting and reporting for all Genesis activities in this emerging digital asset class. This individual will be expected to develop, implement and maintain effective internal controls and work closely with the business development and operations teams to optimize efficiency of corporate accounting needs.
- Manage a full range of daily accounting responsibilities for the consolidated Genesis entity as well as its subsidiaries, including review and approval of other accountants’ work ensuring the proper recording of financial activities in accordance with U.S. reporting standards, statutory reporting requirements and corporate policies. Provide financial expertise and leadership in coordinating and managing the financial closing process.
- Manage the annual budgeting process, as well as tracking and reporting actual vs budget performance and strategic financial analysis for new initiatives.
- Lead the recommendation, design and implementation of internal control procedures that ensure proper risk management for Genesis, as well as ensuring accurate record keeping and recording.
- Develop and maintains an understanding of legal, operations and accounting needs across the organization.
- Engage and support external service providers including but not limited to external accountants, auditors for financial statement reports, and tax advisors and preparers.
- Manage human resources for the organization, including staffing requirements and recruiting, payroll and benefits and compensation structures.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance). CPA, and MS/MBA highly preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Broker-dealer experience highly preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of advanced experience in an accounting and financial reporting environment.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards.
Strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls.
- Ability to function in a fast paced complex environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected].