Last Updated: March 22, 2019
March 22, 2019
As used herein, “Digital Currency” means a digital asset (also called a “cryptocurrency,” “virtual currency”), such as, but not limited, bitcoin or ether, which is based on a cryptographic protocol(s) of an electronic system that may be (i) centralized or decentralized, (ii) proprietary or open-source, and (iii) used as a medium of exchange and/or store of value.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT ACT requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. This federal requirement applies to all Genesis counterparties. This information is used to assist the United States government in the fight against the funding of terrorism and money-laundering activities. What this means for you: when you complete an application we ask you for your name, address, date of birth, and other identifying information. For more details, please see below:
Verification Information — We collect information that you provide during a completed, incomplete, or abandoned application. This may include the following information:
Individual customer — we attempt to collect, verify, and authenticate the following information:
- Full legal name;
- Social Security Number (“SSN”) or any comparable identification number issued by a government;
- Date of birth (“DOB”);
- Proof of identity (e.g., driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID);
- Home address (not a mailing address or P.O. Box); and
- Additional information or documentation at the discretion of our Compliance Team.
Institutional customer — we attempt to collect, verify, and authenticate the following information:
- Institution legal name;
- Employer Identification Number (“EIN”) or any comparable identification number issued by a government;
- Full legal name (of all account signatories and beneficial owners);
- Address (principal place of business and/or other physical location);
- Proof of legal existence (e.g., state certified articles of incorporation or certificate of formation, unexpired government-issued business license, trust instrument, or other comparable legal documents as applicable);
- Contact information of owners, principals, and executive management (as applicable);
- Proof of identity (e.g., driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID) for each individual beneficial owner that owns 25% or more, as well as all account signatories; and
- Identifying information for each entity beneficial owner that owns 25% or more (see individual customer information collected above for more details).
Device Information – Information that is automatically collected about your device (such as, but not limited to, hardware, operating system, browser, etc.).
Location Information – Information that is automatically collected via analytics systems providers to determine your location, including your IP address and/or domain name and any external page that referred you to us.
Log Information – Information that is generated by your use of Genesis that is automatically collected and stored in our server logs. This may include, but is not limited to, device-specific information, location information, system activity and any internal and external information related to Genesis pages that you visit.
Trading Information – Information that is generated by your trading activity including, but not limited to trading activity and wallet addresses.
Correspondence – Information that you provide to us in correspondence, including opening an application, and with respect to ongoing customer support.